Friday, October 28, 2011

To Hike a Mountain!

Paul and I decided that one things we really wanted to do before leaving Colorado was hike one of the peaks here. We were able to find a family to take Sophia in September at 6:30 in the morning so that we could drive up to Estes Park to go and hike the Twin Sisters. We had a great time and even met up with this hiking group who hikes every Saturday. I thought I was going to die for lack of O2, but I did make it (even all the way to the higher eastern summit, but only because Paul made me do it). I am glad I went all the way up even though I was sure I was going to fall off. I guess I am not an adrenalin seeker! 
Mandie in front of Long's Peak on the hike up Twin Sisters

Paul looking out

Mandie huffing and puffing.... we made it past the tree line!

Paul climbed up a bunch of rocks...this older guy on the trail kept calling him bumblebee (I wonder why?)

We made it to the summit... it was a beautiful day! 

On our way back down, which was 3 times faster than the way up.

No comments:

Post a Comment